11.09.2011

Baking



Baking makes me happy for the following reasons:
a.) It is typically a non-strenuous and inexpensive task.
b.) It allows me to create something I can be proud of.
c.) If I'm sharing, it makes others happy (provided things turn out as planned).
d.) It almost always ends up as a yummy treat for me to enjoy.


Today I made gingersnaps. Here's the recipe (courtesy of my Aunt Becky) if you're in the mood for an easy, Winter-ish baking project to accompany the first snow of the year.

Ingredients
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
4 tbsp molasses
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups flour
pinch of salt

Directions
Mix all ingredients. Roll dough into small balls. Dip into sugar and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes at 350. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment