10.19.2011

Confetti



We were lucky enough to get Brewers tickets to game 5 of the NL divisional series against the Arizona Diamondbacks. (That alone should make the "what makes me happy" list, but wait, it gets better.) It was a slow game, with few runs scored, and it actually went into extra innings. It being game 5, the last of the series, there was a lot on the line. We were all wringing our terrible towels in angst. In the 10th inning, a couple of batters got on base, and then Nyjer Morgan (aka Tony Plush) hit a game-winning RBI to beat the D-backs 3-2. The crowd went wild.

And then...
...confetti rained down from the stadium's ceiling.

It's been on my "bucket list" since forever to be somewhere when confetti comes down. This was it. I was caught up in the crowd's ecstasy in the Brewers' win, but it was disguised ecstasy for my part. I'd quickly gotten over the big victory and had moved on to the fact that one of my life goals was complete -- I was right in the middle of a genuine ticker-tape situation. How cool is that!? (I'll admit that while everyone was "woo-hoo"-ing and slapping high fives, I was in my own little world yelling, "I LOVE CONFETTI!" You might think it's lame, but I don't care. This had been a long time coming.)

So I was happy to be a part of my team's big win, but most of all, I was happy to feel the tiny pieces of confetti landing in my hair. I even took a few home in my pocket. And then I wondered whose job it was to clean all of that up? I bet they weren't as happy about it as me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment